Friday, October 21, 2011

Brandin-selling

It's is not really related to branding itself, but this outstanding campaign is worth to mention.
An on-line selling campaign from the company Tesco in Korea based on a very creative use of media.
The video itself explains it all. I just have to say congratulations to Cheil Worldwide, the Korean agency responsible of the campaign. (Cannes already did it with the Media Grand Prix and a Gold Lion).

A brand is not just what a company says, but also what a company does. They listened the consumers and proved it in a profitable way. With this action Tesco raised sales and gave the image of being modern and congenial. Great perks to your brand can be achieved without sending any (at least direct) message.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, this is amazing. I wonder if this would work in other countries... because personally, I don't think I would have the patience to scan all the things i want to buy if it takes so long, hehe.
    Thanks for sharing this very interesting campaign! any others coming up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a fan of interactive campaigns.

    This is one of the best I have seen so far, and I wonder if it is still going on!

    Do you know if, as Irene says, they have taken it to other countries?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, they didn't. This was a special action to increase their market share in Korea. But after these good results I'm sure they'll take it into accout this option when planning in other countries.

    ReplyDelete